For there exists no proof that life is indeed serious

Wednesday, February 9, 2011

There is something so special about a book! I do enjoy technology and all that comes with, but holding a book in my hand is still such a visceral thrill. I genuinely believe it has something to do with the fact that I have worked and played in libraries since before I was born (my Mama worked in the library while she was pregnant with me!). I am going to a meeting tomorrow about the future of our public library and plan to do my part to fight the good fight to protect this invaluable resource for the next generation. The public library brings back so many good memories of my Great Aunt who was the founding director of the county libraries in my hometown. A part of me knows she's proud that I ended up in the field of academe and libraries.

Bibliophiles of the world repeat along with me...."BOOKS RULE! BOOKS RULE!"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to speak freely, but keep the mission of this blog in mind and try to spread joy and positivity.